Consisting of leading property and leasing professionals, this Advisory Committee provides a forum for ARA members to understand industry best practice. The Committee supports retailers success by responding to emerging issues and supporting ARA advocacy.
- Eligibility: Senior property and leasing managers or equivalent roles nominated by premium ARA members.
- Supporting advocacy on state and territory rent relief provisions
- Monitoring and reporting on industry codes of practice
To provide guidance to the ARA and members on a range of tenancy and leasing issues, including:
- Legislative and regulatory developments
- Leasing and negotiation strategies to support retailers’ cost savings
- Turnover and sales reporting
- Transparency in leasing arrangements
Key Recent Issues
- National Leasing Code of Conduct
- Rental relief and protections for small and medium sized retail businesses
- Impact of CPI on standard lease agreements
Participating Retailers include:
Super Retail Group, 7 Eleven, Bakers Delight, API, ProVision, Specsavers, Country Road Group, Florsheim and many more.
Group Property & Network Development Manager of API
Founder and Chairman of Lease1 Phillip Chapman is one of Australia’s leading retail industry experts