DIPLOMA OF RETAIL MERCHANDISE MANAGEMENT
SIR50317This qualification equips you to undertake retail merchandise management activities which deliver profitable results for your retail organisation.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Advance your Retail career
With this qualification you are able to perform roles such as:
- Retail Buyers who are responsible for identifying and constructing balanced product ranges which are consistent with the brand strategy in order to maximise commercial opportunities and deliver optimum profit and growth.
- Merchandise Planners who deliver compelling and profitable customer offers that drives the merchandise strategy through business-trend analysis, optimising inventory and profit outcomes.
This qualification provides a new platform for professional development to build sustained talent and productivity improvements in merchandise teams. Drawing on foundations of best practice in merchandise planning and buying, the program will be facilitated by an industry leading retail professional who is equipped with strong education and facilitation skills.
Develop a merchandise strategy (SIRRMRM002)
- Conduct a post trade analysis (SIRRMRM003)
- Develop a merchandise financial plan (SIRRMRM004)
- Develop a category financial plan (SIRRMRM005)
- Plan a merchandise product range (SIRRMRM006)
- Negotiate and establish supply arrangements (SIRRMRM007)
- Develop a merchandise promotional plan (SIRRMRM008)
Elective units (General stream)
- Plan merchandise buying trips (SIRRMRM009)
- Plan product development (SIRRMRM010)
- Manage merchandise quality and compliance (SIRRMRM011)
- Develop an ecommerce strategy (SIRXSTR001)
Qualification entry requirements
You have achieved formal study at the Certificate IV or higher level and currently employed within the retail sector in a function where you have applied knowledge of retail financials, inventory management and retail operations.
have at least two years full-time work experience in a retail merchandise management related function where you have applied knowledge of retail financials, inventory management and retail operations.
have at least two years full-time work experience in a role where you have applied knowledge of business financials and operations.
You are required to have internet access and basic technology skills when undertaking this qualification.
An entry requirement questionnaire, including Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test, is undertaken during the enrolment or prior to the commencement of the course. Where the outcome indicates that you require additional support, the ARA will review each enrolment on case-by-case basis.
The ARA Retail Institute (ID NUMBER: 4049) is the leading national body providing for the education, consulting and professional development needs of the Australian retail industry. The ARA Retail Institute specialises in consulting and education on a broad range of topics, including: Retail Buying, Financials, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, and Sales and Service Strategy. The ARA Retail Institute houses a suite of both accredited and non accredited training solutions; from the Diploma of Retail Management to customized in-house training programs. This suite provides a diverse and flexible range of education products to suit industry needs.