Thousands of Australian retailers join forces for #FirstRespondersDay with special promotional offers – Thursday, 25 June
Thousands of retail outlets around the country have joined forces to thank frontline health and medical workers on First Responders Day, Thursday 25 June with a full day of special retail offers exclusively available to first responders.
An initiative of peak industry body, Australian Retailers Association (ARA), hundreds of retail brands and thousands of stores around the country have signed up to the initiative with Brand Collective, CostCo, Forty Winks, JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys, Myer, Michael Hill, Nike, Priceline, Super Retail Group (Supercheap Auto, Rebel Sports, BCF and MacPac), 7-Eleven, Target, Starbucks, Spotlight, Superdry, Timbuk2 and Wittner are amongst the biggest retailers joining forces. The offers range from 5 – 50% off in-store products and services. For a full list of participating retailers, visit the First Responders website: www.thankyouforshopping.com.au
ARA CEO Paul Zahra said it was more important than ever for Australians to band together after enduring the COVID-19 pandemic, which followed a summer of fires, storms, and floods.
“Australia’s First Responders have been true heroes in the past six months. It’s great to be able to say thank you this First Responders Day, with so many retailers joining together to show their support,” he said.
“This is the first time the ARA has developed such a wide reaching campaign, and what better cause than to support the Australians who have worked tirelessly to serve us these last few months,” Mr Zahra added. “This is our way of saying thank you, whilst driving sales for the industry.”
“We cannot have an economic recovery without a retail recovery. We wanted an upbeat campaign to kick-start our retail recovery program, and help elevate the mood. In the coming months as restrictions ease, we aim to help consumers to feel safe, welcome and excited about their renewed shopping experience,” he said.
- This offer is only available to First Responders for one day only: Thursday 25 June – the final Thursday in June. Thursday is one of Australia’s regular late night shopping days – allowing First Responders who work shifts the opportunity to shop.
- First responders include medical and health workers including doctors, nurses, paramedics, and ambulance staff, policemen and women. We are also extending the offer to firefighters, as an acknowledgement of their work during the Australian Bushfires. We ask that First Responders bring a Photo ID which shows their work identity. Alternatively, they can shop in their work uniform.
- Each participating store is offering a special discount to all First Responders on the day. These offers will vary from store to store. You can check the details on the website of each participating store.
- Leading advertising group, TBWA, have developed the creative assets pro-bono for the campaign which retailers can use to promote the event across social media and other promotional channels.
- Customers and retailers are reminded that social distancing measures still apply, and the 1.5 metre rule should be adhered to while shopping in-store.
- The ARA initiative in partnership with its members and strategic partners is part of the wider retail recovery campaign developed by the ARA to create a sustainable retail recovery, by helping consumers to feel safe, welcome and excited about their renewed shopping experience.
- Retailers will include the terms and conditions of their store offers across all relevant promotional platforms.
Further information can be found in the FAQ section of our First Responders website.
All efforts to-date are part of a pro-bono contribution to Australian retailers, and the ARA thanks leading creative agency TBWA and all our campaign partners for their generous support.
ENDS…for more details: Tim Janczuk (m) 0431 045 373 (e) email@example.com