The next George St road closure to make way for construction of the Sydney CBD light rail, will take place on March 11 between Alfred and Grovenor streets.
As a result, there will be a number of traffic changes near The Rocks:
- George St will be closed to southbound traffic from Alfred St to Grosvenor St from 11 March 2016 to December 2016
- A single northbound lane will be open to general traffic from Alfred St to Grosvenor St to allow access into The Rocks
- No westbound traffic permitted on Alfred Street from Pitt St to George St. Buses, coaches and taxis excepted.
A free 45 minute information session on the latest changes will be held at the following locations and dates.
- Wednesday 24 February, 8am to 8.45am, The Porter, 1 O’Connell St, Sydney
- Thursday 25 February, 8am to 8:45am, The Porter, 1 O’Connell St, Sydney
- Thursday 3 March, 12.30pm to 1:15pm, The Porter, 1 O’Connell St, Sydney.