In this episode of Retail Therapy, we’re joined by Janet Menzies, Country Manager of Amazon Australia. Janet has led the Amazon Australia team since 2021, presiding over substantial growth in that time as more and more people embraced shopping online during the pandemic. While Amazon is one of the largest retailers on the planet, it only launched in Australia in 2017, but it’s grown to become a well-established business in our local retail community.
Amazon is a leader in the tech and innovation space, making this episode a must-listen for any retailer.
In this episode of Retail Therapy, Janet and ARA CEO Paul Zahra discuss:
- The challenges in establishing the Amazon brand here in Australia
- Establishing a loyal customer base in a new country
- Amazon’s robotics fulfilment centre in Kemps Creek – the first of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere and the largest warehouse ever built in Australia
- The role of tech in delivering improvements to logistics networks
- Amazon’s mantra when it comes to next-day delivery
- Making strong sustainability commitments across the business