Comprising Australia’s leaders in sustainability in retail, this Advisory Committee has helped to define the ARA’s Sustainability and Impact Strategy, and provides guidance to the ARA on a range of sustainability and ESG matters.
- Eligibility: Sustainability Directors, Heads of Sustainability, Sustainability Managers and equivalent representatives nominated by premium ARA members.
- Launch of the ARA’s Net-Zero Roadmap
- Launch of the UN-backed Race to Zero campaign for Australian retail, in partnership with the World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Launch of the ARA Sustainability microsite and member resource centre
- Delivery of campaign and resources to help members address mental health issues
- Help shape a shared vision for sustainability across the retail sector
- Work collaboratively to deliver initiatives and campaigns to bring that vision to life
- Provide insights, expertise and resourcing to support delivery of the ARA’s strategic priorities
- Participate in peer-learning exchanges – sharing experiences, achievements and lessons with other committee members
- Leverage the scale and experience of our largest members to uplift the whole sector
Key Recent Issues
- Defining a sectorial response to climate change
- Accelerating the transition to the circular economy
- Supporting product stewardship schemes, phase-out of single use plastics, and container deposit schemes
- Promoting modern slavery reporting and broader supply chain risks
Participating Retailers include:
Coles, Myer, CottonOn, Australia Post, Woolworths, Kmart, Officeworks, Bunnings, JB HiFi, McDonalds, KFC, and many more.
Director, Sustainability and Impact, ARA