Consumers’ methods of payment have a significant impact on retail costs. The Payments Advisory Committee provides the retail industry with a centralised platform of thought leadership specific to merchant payments.
This Advisory Committee is comprised of retail professionals in payments, finance, and digital roles and plays an important role in informing and supporting ARA advocacy to achieve industry-wide equity and payment efficiency.
- Eligibility: Heads of Payments/Finance or equivalent representatives nominated by premium ARA members.
- Supporting advocacy on review of Australian Payment System Regulation
- Monitor and share key information on payment regulation and issues effecting industry
- Report on emerging issues and impacts to business
- Ensuring a competitive market for payments and maximising cost savings for retailers over time, including through least-cost routing.
- Contributing to policy on issues including: competition, least-cost routing, electronic payments, surcharging, and payment regulation.
- Ensuring retailers remain abreast of developments and innovations in the payments industry.
Key Recent Issues
- Least cost routing
- Fee transparency
- Payments innovation
- Payment fraud and security
Participating Retailers include:
Coles, 7-Eleven, Woolworths, David Jones, Chemist Warehouse, Myer, Mecca Brands, Bunnings, Costco and many more.
Managing Director, The Initiatives Group
Director – Policy, Sustainability and Impact,
Australian Retailers Association