The Tax Advisory Committee exists to support the development of tax thought leadership whilst supporting the discussion and formation of tax policy and reform relevant to ARA members and the wider retail industry.
Consisting of financial executives and Heads of Taxes of its member organisations, this Advisory Committee provides guidance to the ARA and its members on:
- Australian tax compliance, policy and reform
- Good tax governance and corporate tax citizenship
- Tax best practice
- Eligibility: Heads of Tax, CFOs and equivalent roles nominated by premium ARA members.
- Developed position statements for GST, Property Tax and Employment Taxes
The ARA’s Tax Advisory Committee will help its members succeed by connecting them to a network of other tax professionals, regulatory bodies and associations, and industry leaders. The Committee will also guide the ARA’s advocacy across tax policy issues affecting its members and the sector. The Committee will also guide the ARA’s advocacy across tax policy issues affecting its members and the sector across key issues.
Key Recent Issues
- Federal and state budget measures, including industry support and stimulus programs
- Payroll tax
- Tax simplification
- Harmonisation of state-based taxes
Participating Retailers include:
Mecca, Battery World, Coles, Myer, Woolworths, The Iconic, Australia Post and more.
Tax Partner, Deloitte Australia