CERTIFICATE IV IN RETAIL MANAGEMENT
This program is designed as a pathway to expand your career in the Retail industry. You will gain extensive skills in leadership and management, sales, customer engagement, financial management, security and safety and highly developed knowledge of product and service offerings.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Develop your Management Skills in Retail
This qualification will provide you with skills and knowledge which reflects the role of individuals who lead a frontline team and manage day-to-day operations of a retail store or department. You will use these skills to implement and deliver on organisational objectives and standards. You will work with independence, taking responsibility for your own functions and outputs.
- Monitor retail store financials (SIRRRTF002)
- Create a customer-centric culture (SIRXCEG004)
- Maintain employee relations (SIRXHRM002)
- Lead a frontline team (SIRXMGT002)
- Maintain store security (SIRXRSK002)
- Achieve sales results (SIRXSLS003)
- Maintain workplace safety (SIRXWHS003)
- Roster staff (SITXHRM002)
- Coordinate visual merchandising activities (SIRRMER003)
- Develop the retail frontline (SIRXTAD002)
- Recruit, select and induct team members (SIRXHRM001)
Qualification entry requirements
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- have achieved a Certificate III in Retail
- have relevant industry employment experience in a job role that has involved the application of skills and knowledge described in core units of competency from the SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail.
You are required to have internet access and basic technology skills when undertaking this qualification.
An entry requirement questionnaire, including Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test, is undertaken during the enrolment or prior to the commencement of the course. Where the outcome indicates that you require additional support, the ARA will review each enrolment on case-by-case basis.
You must have the ability to undertake a work placement. (The ARA will assist in sourcing an appropriate workplace.)
The ARA Retail Institute (ID NUMBER: 4049) is the leading national body providing for the education, consulting and professional development needs of the Australian retail industry. The ARA Retail Institute specialises in consulting and education on a broad range of topics, including: Retail Buying, Financials, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, and Sales and Service Strategy. The ARA Retail Institute houses a suite of both accredited and non accredited training solutions; from the Diploma of Retail Management to customized in-house training programs. This suite provides a diverse and flexible range of education products to suit industry needs.