Shopping online has become a necessity for millions of people around the country – over 9.2 million Aussie households in the last 12 months to be exact1
Our recent consumer sentiment survey in conjunction with Roy Morgan shows 48% of Christmas shopping is set to be done online this year2, so there’s unlikely to be a let up in demand for products online as consumers start to start filling their stockings.
From eCommerce calendars, to labelling and parcel lodgement dates, there’s a lot going on for retail businesses during this time.
Australia Post have shared 12 resources to help you manage online shopping peaks and surges in the lead up to Christmas
- To kick things off, Australia Post’s eCommerce sales calendar will help you get ahead of and prepare for some of the biggest days in the retail calendar – make sure to mark them in your diary!
- The latest trends and insights in eCommerce gives you a direct line to what’s happening in the eCommerce world – Australia Post release an update monthly which you can subscribe to here.
- Australia Post’s 2021 Delivery Experience Report takes a deep dive into exclusive data, which they’ve distilled into five simple recommendations including optimising packaging and offering collection points.
- Now that you have your five recommendations, it’s time to discover simple ways to implement them using Australia Post’s Delivery Experience Toolkit.
- Get first-hand advice from a range of Australian businesses on their top tips to manage the busy Christmas peak.
- This Peak Toolkit for small and medium businesses is your go-to resource with a handy checklist as well as tips on labelling, returns and sending overseas.
- From forecasting volumes to flexing fulfilment, this Peak Toolkit for large businesses brings together everything you need to manage a record-breaking online shopping period this Christmas.
- For tips on the best way to package your items, check out Australia Post’s video preparing your parcels
- Labelling items correctly is so important to ensure it gets to where it needs to be. Watch this labelling your parcels video for best practice labelling.
- If you send items with Australia Post, offering Collection Points gives your customers choice over how their parcels are delivered. There are over 5,000 locations across Australia including Post offices, 24/7 Parcel Lockers, PO Boxes, more than 240 retail partners including supermarkets and pharmacies, as well as leaving parcels in a safe place.
- Parcel tracking adds another layer of confidence for customers, particularly during busy online shopping periods. Encourage your customers to download the AusPost App to manage and track all their deliveries from their mobile device.
- Lodgement dates for Christmas are now available on Australia Post website. Ensure you send your items before, but no later than the dates shown to help them arrive in time for Christmas.
For tools, videos, and tips to help your business this Christmas peak online shopping period, please visit the Australia post website.
1 Inside Australian Online Shopping Update – September, 2021, Australia Post
2 Roy Morgan X ARA Research – October, 2021, Australian Retailers Association