Introducing the insightful Gary Mortimer, Professor of Marketing and Consumer Behaviour at QUT Business School and Chair of the ARA Consumer Research Committee.
When it comes to research and consumer trends, Gary really knows his stuff. With over 12 years’ experience, he’s got the scoop on the latest and greatest gifting ideas, consumer attitudes to sustainable gifting and waste during the Christmas season, plus the surprising ways technology is being used to aid in-store purchases around the world.
With sales targeted to reach $64 billion in the coming weeks, Gary predicts the biggest trend in 2022 will be the shift back into physical retail. He shares all the numbers and stats on what consumer spending looks like in our latest episode of Retail Therapy.
In this episode Paul and Gary discuss:
- Trends this Christmas compared to previous years
- Sales predictions for the next six weeks
- Speed v price, what consumers really want
- How technology is changing the in-store experience
- His take on the next buy now pay later solution
- The hot gifts and gift categories for 2022