Season 2, Episode 10: Entrepreneurial spirit, the SMB superpower
Join us for some Retail Therapy in the Amex Lounge with Lynda McAlary-Smith, Victorian Small Business Commissioner. Her role supports the 644,000 small businesses to resolve disputes as well as providing advice, advocacy and education. No matter where your business is located, Lynda’s words will resonate.
Once having worked in the public service at both state and federal levels, including her time as the acting Deputy Fair Work Ombudsman, Lynda knows her stuff when it comes to addressing all things small business. She’s incredibly passionate and committed to representing their voice into government, ensuring the real life experience of SMBs is represented.
Starting her new role during Melbourne’s sixth lockdown was challenging she admits, given what she small businesses dealt with. Now, she sees the many innovations and entrepreneurial spirit of this community continuing on and is more passionate than ever to empower business owners.
Lynda chats with ARA CEO and podcast host Paul Zahra to discuss:
- What it’s like starting a new role during lockdown
- The many lessons and opportunities
- The tenancy relief scheme
- Impressive innovations retained post-Covid
- A frontline opinion of Melbourne’s CBD future
- Consumer driven sustainability and diversity changes
- Priorities for the Commission moving forward