We’re kicking off Season 4 of Retail Therapy with a scene-setting conversation with Kate Pounder, CEO of the Technology Council of Australia.
Kate has led the Tech Council since it was founded in August 2021 – it is the peak body representing Australia’s tech sector, and its membership includes the likes of Atlassian, Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, plus many more.
New and transformative technologies continue to support the retail industry’s growth and evolution – and we have launched this season to help retailers navigate this space. This chat with Kate gives great insight into the current landscape of the Australian innovation agenda and the key challenges that lie ahead of its biggest opportunities, particularly around digital skills shortages.
In this episode Kate and Paul Zahra discuss:
- The priorities for the Tech Council heading into the new year
- Key opportunities for the innovation agenda in Australia
- The role of startups in the Australian retail landscape
- How tech can address skills shortages
- Technology and sustainability – the next frontier