Joining us for Episode 11 of Retail Therapy Season 3, is Jaana Quaintance-James, Chief Sustainability Officer at the Global Fashion Group, parent to THE ICONIC – a well-known online fashion retailer here in Australia and in New Zealand.
Jaana has been working in the sustainability and ethical fashion space for many years now, previously working at David Jones and as a consultant, assisting organisations with their sustainability objectives. She was destined for a career that fulfils on her social justice, equity and fairness values, evident even in early childhood.
In this episode we discuss:
- What drives Jaana to work in the sustainability space
- How consumer attitudes are shaping fashion
- THE ICONIC Considered, a sustainable shopping edit
- Circularity, business and consumer responsibilities
- How the brand is reducing its carbon footprint
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Consumer engagement increase and impact
- Strategic priorities for fair and ethical sourcing