Introducing Kylie Ahern, the CEO & Founder at STEM Matters – an agency that works with leading researchers to improve the way they communicate their stories across science, technology, arts, business and economics.
A passionate advocate for sustainability and climate change, Kylie is an award-winning publisher and entrepreneur with experience that spans media, telecommunications, science and education. In 2004, she co-founded Cosmos Media and launched Australia’s top-selling science magazine, Cosmos. She’s also the publisher and editor of thebrilliant.com.au which showcases the work of people and institutions in the research and innovation space.
In this episode of Retail Therapy, Paul and Kylie discuss:
- Kylie’s career trajectory and why she started STEM Matters
- Why it’s critical to support research in science and technology
- Unpacking tech-heavy topics into snackable content
- Lack of acknowledgement around women’s achievements
- How thebrilliant.com.au is elevating science communications
- Improving investment in science
- A lesson in taking your home off the grid
- Challenges for business in the transition to net-zero
AWS is how you can have a sustainable business. Find out how AWS can help.